Monday, May 01, 2006

Friends for LIFE...

Yesterday during our farewell party, once people got too tired of dancing and had reached near zero energy levels, they started coming on stage and talking about their experiences in the four years, about the friends that they made and how they cherish their friendships with them...These events drove me into deep thought. "Friends for life" people said. I wondered what they really meant. Even i have used this phrase off handedly but never understood the real meaning of it. Yesterday i did. Yesterday i did mainly because i really didnt think i had made the so called friends for life in the four years at VESIT; of course except for two or three.

Brian called out my name to go and speak. I really didnt want to. 'Coz i didnt have the things that people wanted to hear in the first place. Also, it would have made me feel even worse to tell what i felt when I seemed to be the only one feeling this way. Not that not talkin about it would have made me feel better. But there is this thing about "Talking about what you feel". It brings your feelings which are at the back of your mind to the forefront. And these feelings stare right at you and you will have to face them. So, i refused to speak.

Then Ram came up and said he would sing a few lines. The song was obvious, for the occasion. 'Pal' - Hum rahein ya na rahein kal...Yaad aayenge yeh pal. My eyes filled up with tears. I didnt bother to wipe them off. I didnt want to. The song has magic in it. There is something out of the world about this song, that every time i listen to it, it triggers a flash back of the wonderful moments ive had with my close friends. But, this time it was rather different. Heart breakingly different. Nothing really flashed in front of me. I did have a good time in the four years. But they were not memorable. I do not know the reasons. I do not dare to start thinking abt the reasons. I know it will make me feel miserable.

I know one thing for sure. These four years have been good! Just good! Not wonderful, life changing or memorable...these four years have taught me some important lessons in life that i am sure i will remember in future. I have made many friends. A Few good friends. One best friend. These four years have also given me my dearest buddy. Well!!!I do not have complaints. I am more than happy to leave college with a few great friends by my side. They are in true sense, "friends for life"...

4 comments:

  1. hmmm...post kar hi diya..its ok yaar. the fourth year, it seems, has been the longest lecture in the class of life..gud that we didnt sleep through it and we had a gud teacher to teach us...:). haan is subject mein marks thode kam mile hain, but atleast we LEARNT..(gud analogy na..). happy studying...
    (i hope, the last para refers to me toooo..:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post...:) Had to agree it was a fun farewell wat with deepan baviskar et al comnig...:P

    Keep writing!!!

    And where is Final Dash part 2 i Wonder..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mood: Nostalgic.
    Comment: Fantastic post
    Truth: Life Goes on.
    Memories: Fade away with time, but always can be rekindled.

    Fantastic post, loved every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete